Saturday, April 5, 2008

I am Alive- I am Just Interrupted.

I am dropping in to say that I am still alive. I know that I not been around lately, but I have a good reason for it. I suffer from mental illness. I have been struggling with bipolar before Britney made it look cool and hip. This has been a very tough time for me, and I until recently I have not been able to string two sentences together coherently. Even now I find it difficult to put words to paper, but I owe it myself to try to keep a balance. I am working very closely with my doctors and I am in the difficult process of changing my medication. My family has been a true support and I know without a doubt that they will work with me to get better. When I feel better I will be back to entertain you with my daily life; I promise.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I'll be praying for you Amy. Take care of yourself. We'll be here when you get back to entertain us.

Unknown said...

Amy -

I've been looking around for you. I'm usually a silent observer. I can understand what you're going through, although my issues are a bit different. I hope things get back on track soon - I've missed your blog!

(steph_co from LBT)

hannah&zoeysmama said...

I just discovered you blog tonight,and you've made me laugh until I cried. I'm being banded in 2 days, am scared and needed to laugh. I too will be praying for you. My best friend is also bi-polar. She didn't get diagnosed until she was 33 or 34. From what I understand, there are two differnt types of bipolar she said. There's , i believe bipolar 1 and bipolar 2...ones syptoms are less extreme. I tease her by telling her she is "bipolar light" Anyway..she got her meds straight so she's doing great...went back to school to become an architect. Once a yar or so she has her meds tweaked, but she's doing great.

Anonymous said...

Amy....
Oh my! You are a courageous and brave person for sharing your illness with us. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you move through this difficult time. Looking foward to having you back to your dear, witty self. Be well!
Judi
http://judifromthismomenton.blogspot.com/