Monday, June 7, 2010

A Quick Update

I’ve been a very bad blogger. I’m so sorry about that. There has been so much going on in my life, but at the same time nothing at all. How does that work? I have no idea.

I have spent the last six weeks focusing on recovering. I don’t want to sound like a whiny baby but it has been a rough road. I’m glad the first six weeks are over; I’m hoping the next six are a little easier to stomach. Ha, that was my lame attempt at humor.

I’m at my goal weight of 160 pounds, which means that I lost a total of 95 pounds thanks to my lapband. My weight loss journey is over. I’m now focusing on maintaining it, and gaining a firm toned body. I’m so happy to be done with that crazy journey.

Another new development since my tummy tuck is my taste buds have drastically changed. I no longer like Starbucks coffee. I know, right! What’s that about? I also am not a fan of most sweets, but I am having a love affair with ice cream; chocolate to be exact. I 'm not an innocent angel...yes I have devilish side when it comes to frozen treats.

Certain smells bother me. Anything that reminds me of the first week of my recovery still makes my stomach churn. I don’t think I will ever be able to use dial anti-bacterial soap for the rest of my life. What a shame.

I’m still pretty tired these days. I was hoping that would end at the six week mark, but I guess it takes my body longer to heal. My mind is still all foggy. I blame my foggy mind for this un-witty blog entry. I just wanted to stop by and say hello, and I miss you guys.


1 comment:

lori said...

your weight loss journey is over and you are now working on maintaining it. what an accomplishment!! you have done what many, many people aspire to do but never make it. take the time to reward yourself.