Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round as the Lips go Flap, Flap, Flap.

Sometimes it is hard to blog. I sit in front of my blank white electric paper with a blinking cursor and try to think of things to tell you. I have standards you know. I want to make sure that I am honest, yet entertaining, and most importantly not too whiny. Because if you met me in real-life over a cup of a non-fat, half-sweet, no whip mocha at Starbucks I don’t know if I could be this entertaining. Sure I would tell you about how great David and Holly are, and I would tell you how much I love Starbucks coffee. I would also inform you that I am planning on marrying my Starbuck’s barista if anything happens to David. (I hope and pray nothing does, but it never hurts to have a contingency plan.) You might think I am cold hearted, but my barista makes perfect coffees in less than 20 seconds, and it doesn’t hurt that he is a little good looking.

Oh God I hope he doesn’t read my blog. He has a girlfriend that has been happily dating for the last 5 years. I can see why see took him off the market- imagine waking up to perfect coffee everyday (FOR FREE!)

It would be embarrassing if he was reading my blog at this very moment. I am starting to rethink the subject matter. Who wants to hear about my dog? No?

You would think I would learn after the “Bus-Incident-of-1992” I can remember it clear as a sunny day. You never forget a defining moment.

My friend and I were at the front of the bus oblivious to the rest of the world, because we were doing what we do best, which is what I like to call “gossiping”. I was very extra excited that day, because some very interesting “facts” had unfolded. It was my duty to “debrief” my day.

I started the debriefing. I made sure my friend was making her mental notes. My friend did her job very well of nodding at the right spots, and making sure her eyes had the appropriate amount of hugest to them if I had said anything that required dramatics.

“It all started in class today… I mean I knew he was flirting with me since you know- like forever… but today he was you know different…When I came into class today he was all smiles and “Hellos" he wouldn’t stop talking with me...

Jenny finally piped up and said: “Dude, he totally likes you.”
“I know! He totally does.”

He may have liked me very slightly, or maybe he was just in a really great mood. However during this particular conversation I put on my fisherman’s hat, “
You should’ve seen this fish it must’ve been 50 pounds! That is a record you know.”

(Actually it is; I Googled it, and as of this date it is. My congratulations to Don Walker, 61 of Gunnison, Colorado.)

I was dating David at this time, and I was totally infatuated with David, but having someone else pine after you never hurt your ego. Am I right? And bragging about it is even better for your ego.

We started to do what teen girls always do under these circumstances: which was to raise our voices, and giggle. We discussed the subject as if we were beating a dead horse. (Kind of like what I am doing now.)

It was a long bus ride; maybe too long. All the sudden I receive a friendly tap on my shoulder; it’s THE guy. He was sitting behind me- OH CRAP!!!! I didn’t know what to say. I was gobsmacked. He smiled, and said, “If you’re going to talk about someone you should look around to make sure they are not sitting behind you.”

Even though I was embarrassed he was gracious. He did not hold it against me. He was still kind to me at school. He soon got himself a very lucky girlfriend.

Lesson learned: I will no longer gush about people who have the "hots" for me while I am on a bus without looking behind me of course.

2 comments:

Diz said...

That's priceless. I love it!!!

lori said...

hahahaha i would have died