Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Warning This Entry Has Not Been Edited for Content

The sun is shining, and the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. I love this time of the year; because everything is so fresh and new. I love walking outdoors and taking it all in, so why am I on my butt procrastinating instead of going for a walk?

Let’s see I have done nothing today, and yet I have managed to do everything to make sure I don’t have to go outside and enjoy this perfect day:

I have talked to several of my friends, so much so my ear is red from hours of phone exposure. I had to tell them all about the excitement I felt when I got my AMEX card in the mail yesterday. (David was pissed off about the interest rate. (24% - and that is the preferred rate…) He wanted to know why I didn’t do more research.) I told him I needed “Airmiles” for a new espresso machine. I need 7000 and currently I only have 2079. I told him to pay it off each and every month so there will be no interest. He still gave me his angry banker/accountant face.

By the way there is no problem getting credit. I am on disability and David was a student, and those guys at AMEX were all too happy to extend us credit. Now I am well stocked with credit. I have Visa, MC, and AMEX, a mortgage, and a line of credit. I am proud to say that I don’t owe money on my line of credit, or credit cards, and I don’t make car payments. But there is the mortgage, and that is a way different story, because my house is worth jack. What I want to know is why the banks think I need over $50,000 in credit? It has been rumoured that my parents first home was around $20,000, so in essence if this was 1974 I could buy their home with no down payment or employment, because I could just use my credit cards. (I think you can buy you some houses on credit if you want to buy real estate in Detroit. In fact I hear that some houses are so cheap that most people can use their pocket change; I saw in the news that there were houses for sale for $100. That is really sad. ) Too much credit- not enough money; no wonder our economy is in the dumps. I am doing it again- procrastinating. I should really be going for a walk…

I did it, I am amazing! I just took a two hour tour around my neighbourhood. I don’t know why I left it so long?

I could really go for some chocolate ice cream. David likes the ice cream that is the 3 flavours for the price of one. You know the strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate one. I think it is a waste, because the chocolate one is always the first one to go. It is a real disappointment to go to the freezer and believe that you are going to get chocolate ice cream only to find out that all that is left is crappy vanilla and strawberry. I just looked we don’t have any ice cream. Bummer.

I started this entry a week ago, and I still am not finished. Why? It is not like I have a billion and a half things to do. I am just really tired. Hey but good news I now have 2162 “Airmiles”!

I keep telling myself I have to post this entry even if it is boring. I want to write about other exciting new developments in my life, but until I finish this entry I can go no further. I am just going to post this damn entry as-is! I am even too lazy to edit! Oooo I hope the next entry will be better.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

It's not a boring entry. But sometimes our lives aren't doing anything too exciting and so we can't think of anything to write. But it's always fun to read what you write and catch up on you. We start to feel like we know our blog buddies and enjoy hearing what's been going on in their lives.

lori said...

it's true we do feel like we know our blog buddies and enjoy hearing anything you have to say. just to know all is well.

Diz said...

SistaFriend...you are NEVER boring. Don't fear that. It's a pleasure to read your blogs.