Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Amy in Wonderland

My home enables me to stay put and not go outside. You see I have a nice home; it is nicely decorated, calm, clean, and very relaxing. When people come over they give me the greatest compliment by saying that I have a home that is comfortable. Really? Of course it is, I have spent a lot of time and effort making my island of solitude wonderful. It is going to be hard to give up lounging about in my wonderland. I’m just being honest.

However, it is day three of the Amy Improvement Project. I feel like I’m going in the right direction.

Yesterday I took Holly to the doctors; yeah but, the ‘yay moment’ was that I walked there. Before this I would have only walk around my block, over, and over, and over, and over again. I have done many 10k walks just walking around my block. I fear my neighbors think I’m crazy, and they’re mostly right. But yesterday I walked 5k to Holly’s doctor who was not located on, or anywhere near my block. I had to walk through town to get there. I did it. To celebrate Holly and I went to… yup you guessed it…Starbucks to celebrate. She didn’t know we were celebrating but I did.

Today the weather is very grey outside. These are my favorite days, because I can justify not having to go anywhere, or do anything. I just sit back and relax. Today will be no different however I am going to stretch out my comfort zone inside my house. I’m going to prepare dinner. I hate cooking so much I would rather stick toothpicks in my eyeballs. But I’m going to cook anyway because I want to feel accomplished, even today.

I’m going to sign off and go walk on my treadmill and while I walk I will think about what I will make for dinner.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So glad you are back here Amy. I hope all is going well for you. Also wish you a Happy New Year.

lori said...

i am so happy that you are back blogging. last year there was a lot going on with you. maybe it was a little too much and you needed to retreat to the safe zone of your house. i am glad that you are leaving the house now and hope you continue to make progress.