Friday, June 5, 2009

35...and Getting Older by the Minute...

Since I lasted blogged I had a birthday. I was seriously considering not having my birthday, and just staying the same age. But since that isn’t possible, and I really like chocolate cake, and presents I decided to have my birthday. I think if there was no such thing as cake there would be a lot less birthdays in the world. It’s a birthday conspiracy; and cake is in on it.

I turned thirty-five, which means I am strongly advised not to smoke because it increases the risk of serious cardiovascular side effects including blood clots, stroke, and heart attack if I take birth control pills. The good news for me is that I do not smoke, but now I HAVE to be careful. Well it is settled…I won’t take birth control pills. I just can’t chance it.

My free-time is going to be taken up by spending time in the beauty department. Did you know that age 35 is when the face starts changing and noticeable wrinkles around our eyes and on the forehead appear? Vanity is such a bad thing. Wait I just thought of a solution: BOTOX, BOTOX, BOXTOX, and more BOTOX. I can’t believe I didn’t think of that before!

Honestly I am feeling better since I started this entry. Maybe turning 35 isn’t too bad.

If you have been following my blog you will remember that I made goals for last year.
Fishing
Dancing
Running

Fishing: Here is what I accomplished:
I studied youtube.com until I learned how to set up a fishing line like a pro.

I spent time with a neighbour who fishes almost everyday. He taught me how to cast, and handle my rod. The people who are fortune enough to fish with me while I cast-out really liked that lesson. (To be fair I have only sent five people to the hospital for fishing related accidents.)

I went fishing with my brother, but we didn’t catch anything, which was not my fault. My brother thought his superior fishing skills would allow us to catch fish with no bait. He forgot the bait at the dock, and did not want to go back. I firmly believe if we had had bait I would have filled the boat with fish.

I am still going to continue to fish over the summer, but I will be very careful not to forget the bait.

Running: Did it! I can run 5km. It is still difficult, but I can do it.
This running thing is the challenge I hated the most. Having said that I am going to keep this challenge for another year. (Now I am making a frowny face because I have to keep this challenge.)


As for the dancing don't ask.

2 comments:

lori said...

happy to see that you blogged tonight. you sound pretty chipper. happy belated birthday, you've done a lot of living in your 35 years.

Kathy said...

I love the new closeup picture of you. You are so pretty! Happy Birthday, belatedly of course. You are a successful woman and I wouldn't worry about the wrinkles yet. Just wear sunscreen. Have a wonderful weekend.