Thursday, February 18, 2010

Gotta Go...Gotta Go...Gotta Go!

This blog entry is not meant for children, or those with weak stomachs. I just thought I would give you a warning…

A few weeks ago I went to my doctors for my annual physical. (Well in my case ‘annual’ means 5 years, but that isn't the point.) I would probably go more but I that would make me feel like a hypochondriac. But my doctor is closing up shop, so I thought I’d better get him to look under the hood before he moves on.

I had the dreaded PAP! Yeah but only this time it was different. (X-rated part is coming…) My doc spent more time then usual poking around down there. There was a nurse in the room of course.

‘Are you having any issues?’ He asked.
‘Nope.’ Just get on with this already; I really not in the mood for a conversation while you’re down there. I hope you understand.

This time when I went to my doctors I decided to make a list of my current issues on my Blackberry, and then just hand it to my doctor, and let him analyze it. There were two things on my list:
1. I pee constantly.
2. My periods are getting more painful, and heavier.

My doctor said that these two issues made perfect sense, and in his opinion it seems that my uterus has fallen.

I'll have to go for an ultra-sound to make sure.

This is the crux of my entry: THE ULTRA-SOUND!!!

I have to go with a full bladder. Are you kidding me? As it stands right now I can’t hold it for more than 20 minutes. How am I going to drink half a gallon of water, and then hold it for an hour? I am seriously considering calling the whole thing off. I am absolutely sure that there are many uterus’ that have fallen, and their owners aren’t even aware of the situation, and they are going about their business just fine. How bad can it be?

One of the reasons that I decided never to get pregnant again was because of the ultra-sound; it almost killed me. I was in tears during that ordeal, but I did it because I was doing it for a good cause. The way I see it; this is not for such a great cause. However, David disagrees with me, and don’t think he will let me cancel.

But if my uterus did fall it will be because of my lapband. My lapband has made me constipated for the last 2+ years. I have tried EVERYTHING to move things along, and nothing seems to help. I have just chalked it up to a side-effect. Constipation can, and will cause a uterus to fall. And if my uterus did fall I might have to have a hysterectomy, which isn’t too bad, as long as I don’t have to have anymore ultra-sounds.


I wonder how much uterus weighs, and can I count it as part of my lapband weight-loss? UGH!


1 comment:

Karen said...

Well...if I tell you how much the uterus weighs, and what the ICD 10 and the CCI codes are for it, does that count as doing my homework instead of fooling around on the interent?

Glad to see you back.