Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Taking my Dog for a Walk- New School

I think I am pretty smart, but I know my dog is smarter. I have actual proof:

For the last half an hour he has been working out on the treadmill!

I was watching that Will Smith movie I am Legend; I noticed the dog starring in the movie was on the treadmill working out himself, and I thought why can’t I get my dog to do the same thing?

Our first go around wasn't as graceful as the movie performance. Simon wasn't running 5 miles an hour. Instead it went something like this:

Me- ‘Go boy, Simon’, using my best high pitched encouragement voice.

Me: Using Cheese as bait to get Simon to follow my directions.

Simon: Attached to a lead.


Me: holding the lead in front of the treadmill. (Crouching for 30 minutes takes real dedication.)

The treadmill: Going sloooooow.


Simon: Uber patience, and intelligence.

Simon has very short legs, but he kept up with the treadmill speed. He smiled the whole time. Why don’t I smile when I am on the treadmill? Maybe if I was rewarded with a cupcake when I was finished with my workout I would smile too.

I could tell he was proud of himself. I am proud of the little guy too!

I wonder if my dog can get a gym membership? Hmmm.....

No comments: