Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Number One on my List.



I wanted to show you what the love of my life David actually looks like. We have a phenomenal life together! I couldn’t ask for a better partner to navigate through this life with. This picture was taken on my 34th birthday.

As for my 35th year as promised I am making a list of things I want to do this year that will make this year a year to remember. I had to really think about what it was that I wanted to accomplish this year. It doesn’t have to be spectacular, but it does have to hold a special meaning to me.

For the first item on my list:


I am going to run the Vancouver Sun Run. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this run: it is the largest 10K run in Canada and the second largest in North America. Over 51,000 people run the Sun Run every year. Now I am not expecting to win by ANY means, but I WILL beat the average.

I went for my first walk/jog exercise today. I did pretty well; I ran for 8 minutes and walked for 40. I only came home because I ran out of water. I have ten months to get into "running" shape and I am determined to stay focused! My eye is on the prize, which will be bragging rights and a framed picture of course.

Why is this particular exercise important to me? It is simple- I hate running. I haven't got it quite right. I have not mastered running, and it is just out of my grasp. I also fear running because I am overweight. I hate the thought of my 'jell-O' body running down the road. That being said I want to do something that is hard, but will become easier the more I do it. Truthfully- I want to kick 40,000 other people’s ass.

#1: Run my butt off for ten months, and then join thousands of other people for a run, and finish before they do. See you at the finish line in April 2009