Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Only 2 more days...

I am turning 34 on Saturday. I have mixed feelings about being 34. I am not one of those people who fear aging or pretend to be younger than I actually am. I am just me. I hangout and don’t count the years passing by, but I do wonder what the next years will hold. That is where my problem lies.

I have dreams but I let my dreams fall through my fingers; promising myself I will make new dreams a reality next year. But day-after-day I do the same thing and live the same life. I am still waiting for life to happen to me. What happens between the hope of a new year and just becoming content to wait for next year to make new promises?

Now don’t misunderstand me; I am not talking about going to the gym and working out 5 times a week, or eating vegetables with every meal. No I am talking about feeling alive, happy, and accomplished. I don’t want to tread water instead I want to sail on a yacht. I want to look back on my 34th year and say: "That was a fantastic year! I had so many wonderful adventures with so many wonderful people!" Does this make sense to anyone? Before Saturday I am going to make a list of things I will do this year that will bring me great joy.

Stay tuned…

1 comment:

Judi said...

Makes 200% sense to me!