Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Have Some News

I have to share this with you-no really I must. We are all in this together and you deserve to hear this from me.

I woke up to a winter-wonderland, and you know how I feel about that. Today something was different I watched the snow fall from the warm soft comfort of my bed, and thought about going to yoga class. Today is Tuesday, which means in a few hours I would be stretching and kissing my yoga pad. I got out of bed and headed for the shower. “Oh my God today is Tuesday, oh I have to weigh myself.” I stood frozen in my bathroom wondering if I should actually weigh myself, or ignore it and do it next week. “I don’t think I can handle another gain.” I told the face in my bathroom mirror. She nodded in agreement, but told me to get the scale anyway. I cursed her as I went and got the scale from its secret hiding place. David came in and asked me what I was doing, and then he saw it - THE SCALE. I asked him to follow me into the bathroom to referee the weigh-in, and after seeing that there was nowhere to hide he agreed.

Amy: I am not actually going to look at the scale. You do it for me. Plus if I stand straight and tall on the scale I think I will weigh less.
David: Alright, but it shouldn’t matter how you stand on the scale…
Amy: It totally matters!

I stepped on the scale, arms at my side, back straight, my eyes faced forward,

Amy: So?
David: What?
Amy: How much?
David: Do you really want to know?

(I knew I should have gone pee before I stepped on the scale, because then the number would be a little better at least. And then I remember I have been working out, and muscle weighs more than fat, right?)

Amy: Yes tell me.
David: 198
Amy: SHUT UP!

Then I proceed to get on and off the scale ten times or so to make sure. I even go as far as to add my workout weights to my body and weigh myself, and then take them off just to test the scale. Sure enough: 198!

After I nearly wore out the batteries on the scale I handed the scale to David, and told him to hide the scale for two weeks. My reasoning was this: I don’t want to see my weight go up and down even just a little bit. If I wait two weeks I should clear 200 long enough to be far enough away that I will never see it again.

I am totally proud of myself! I am absolutely continuing my daily routines, which are a must for me to stay under the dreaded 200’s. My next goal: 185- It just sounds so sexy.

1 comment:

Losing Jusme said...

that is great!!! congrats!