Tuesday, January 15, 2008

When You Get Knocked On Your Butt by the Flu

I have been M.I.A. from blogging for a few weeks because I was sick. I had a flu-cold combo, which turns into the “I-bet-you-wish-you-were-dead-huh?” flu-cold combination. No matter how much I pleaded, bribed, or begged it would not release me from its deadly grip. I would go to bed at night with the hopes that tomorrow would be the day that the tides would change and I would feel better. I would open my eyes in the morning, and I still felt like crap. I bought medication after medication believing their promise of wellness. After watching a commercial for some wonder drug I would turn to David and say, “Quick the drug store is closing in ten minutes; get me some of that! I have every symptom listed, and it says it will fix every one of them! Why would they lie? Don’t give me that face…yes I know you are in your PJs but we are at war!” As you can see I put a lot of faith in commercials.

Now I am not admitting to anything, but it may have been the countless trips to the drugstore at midnight, or just being around me, but David decided the best way to get out of going to the store was to get sick too. There were days we would just sleep in bed, and nothing else; except for the occasional whimper of pain. We also enjoyed the playing the game “Who is the Most Tired.” (To play this game you have to convince the other person you couldn’t possibly get up and cook dinner or do any other chores around the house. I must tell you that I was very good at this game; in fact I am the house champion!) As of now I am taking care of the house, because David is still a little under the weather, but he will not admit it.

I have learned a lot from this whole experience: flues are getting worse and are harder to kill off, and I must remember to get a flu shot in October next year!

No comments: