Monday, November 3, 2008

Singing in the Rain!

Here is a little antidote about my weekend…

I live in British Columbia, and it is true that we walk around with umbrellas for a good part of the year. I don’t mind the rain for the most part. What I don’t like is walking in it. You know why? It is because I am a “kick-up-the-water-on-my-pants-no-matter-what” kind of person. I swear that if there is a tiny puddle I am going to find it, and it is inevitable that my pant legs will be soaking wet. And don’t even mention the “after rain” puddles. Plop, plop, plop, “Oh crap!” Now my pants and shoes are cold and wet. I have to hang up my pants to dry when I come home after a walk. The worse part is I don’t have pants to spare. I have to ask myself is it worth it to go get the mail? If it were not for David I would have a lot of unpaid bills during the rainy season. What is a girl to do? Wear shorts in the rain? No thank you!

The other day I was out shopping. I saw the most beautiful rain boots ever. My newest bestest friends are pink with sparkles. Now I know what you are thinking, and yes I agree that my choice is a little over the top, but come on how could I pass up sparkles? I just had to buy these “oh-so-great-because-they-are-going-to-save-my-pants-from-the-evil-puddles” boots! I looked at the price tag…”OMG! How do these people sleep at night?”

David said in his “I-know-everything” tone, “Sweetheart, of course their expensive they are made out of rubber. Rubber is made out of oil. Oil is expensive, therefore the boots are expensive.”

Uh-huh…
(That is what I call a “Dav-ism”: He truly believes it, but the rest of us know it is probably is not true.) I love Dav-isms.

At any rate he was giving me the green light to buy my boots. Hot damn! Now all I need is it to rain. As I said before I live in the rain country, so I didn’t wait long. I took my new boots out for some serious rain walking. The first puddle I saw I jumped. Wouldn’t you know it; my enthusiastic jumping caused the water to splash so high that came up and soaked the upper part of my jeans! That is what I called a learning curve.

I got used to my rain boots and now I am puddle jumping like a pro, and I couldn’t be happier. My jeans stay dry, and I am smiling in the rain. I am thankful for the little things

3 comments:

Judi said...

OOOH rain boots! Yours sound soooo cute! Lucky for you that you have lots of rain (well, I guess so!) I have a pair of leopard print ones....they were oh so cheap 2 years back in the middle of the summer. Now, my 17 year old daughter has pink paisley cowgirl rainboots....to die for and oh so pricey!
What a fun post Amy! Puddle jumping!
Judi

Kathy said...

You had me laughing on this one. I could just picture you jumping and getting your pants wet anyway. I hope you enjoy your boots. They sound very cute.

Diz said...

"I'm singing in the rain...just singing in the rain. What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again."