Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Have a New Friend!

Have you ever heard of the Body Bugg? Or as I like to call him “Bob”. I have him attached to the upper part of my right arm. We get along great just as long as I exercise my ass off and I keep my calories down. If I fail to complete these two tasks Bob gets a little testy with me.

Here is the deal with my friend Bob. I go to Bob’s website, log what I have eaten for the day, and then download the calories my body has burned for the day. (Thanks Bob for keeping track for me; let’s all give Bob a big round of applause!) The goal is simple: consume less calories then you burn. My goal is to have a deficit of 600 calories a day. That sounds easy! It is, as long as you don’t consume a 450 calorie Starbuck’s chocolate chip cookie! Damn! Damn! Damn! At 10:00 pm I load me and Bob’s information to my computer, and when I get the bad news I am 300 calories short of my goal it means I will have to go out and do what I call the “Bob walk”. It is what I like to call my one hour walk of shame to get to my goal. My neighbours see me out there at 10:30 walking with my head hung low; I imagine they are thinking to themselves; “What a crazy lady to be walking at this hour!” It’s all Bob’s fault; notice how I didn’t blame the cookie?

As luck would have it I met Leslie through Bob; Leslie Sansone that is. She tortures me with these high level walking DVDs “That burn a lot of calories. Doesn’t it feel good to get in shape? Don’t you just have a better day? Walk, walk, walk. Good for you!” as per Leslie. I do ten miles or 1 ½ hour three times a week of “walking” with Leslie. Curses to Bob! Can you keep a secret? No matter how annoying Leslie might be, I am getting in shape. I can even do swats! (Just like Horatio Caine; without the dead bodies of course. But if I see an unfortunate dead body I will be able to swat down and say something profound.)

The good news is, since I got my new friends I have lost seven beautiful pounds! I love Bob, but I am just mildly found of Leslie.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow! that is great!! I wondered if the BodyBugg was worth the money. Good for you!! I think I need to look into getting one myself. And I also need to stay far away from Starbucks. You see cookies are my biggest weakness too. Darn it!!

Judi said...

Hmmmm....the BodyBugg. Now, that's a good gift idea! Gotta ask Santa for that....!
Way to go Amy!!! Sounds like between Bob & Leslie's encouragement and your "can do" attitude, you'll be in the best shape of your life!!!
Judi