Thursday, September 24, 2009

I am Okay

I have made my way out of the trenches of the sea foam green operating room of Delta hospital. My tummy is cut to shreds, but my spirits still high. Maybe the word ‘shreds’ is an exaggeration…maybe it was just one or two slices, but it still hurts. Not as much as the lapband hurt, because holy cow the lapband surgery almost killed me.

There are some troublesome things about this whole recovery thing.

1. I can’t shower for 48 hours, or bathe for 72. I don’t bathe so that is not as big of a deal as the shower part.
2. I can’t bend over. (Duh!)
3. Because my stomach muscles have been tampered with I can’t pee; well I can it just takes a lot of effort and time. Don’t ever take peeing for granted; that is all I have to say.
4. I don’t know if laughing is a problem, because I have not found anything funny since my surgery. I think that is what one would call self-preservation.

I am glad it is over. I am glad I did it. Now I can move on to other pressing matters in my life.

I wonder if this entry makes any sense… I am writing it while I am jacked up on pain medication. If I was willing to, I would laugh about posting this entry as it is, but I won’t let myself laugh, but take comfort in knowing that I am smiling on the inside.

Amy out.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm happy everything went well and hope your incisions heal quickly!! Your laughing comment made me think of my husband when he had gall bladder surgery. His Mother brought the blue collar comedy tour DVD. I woke up the next morning to him laughing then saying Ow ow ow..lol lol lol ..Ow ow ow. It was pretty funny for me though lol.

lori said...

glad your surgery went well. as long as you're smiling that's good enough, the laughing can hold off for a day or two.