Thursday, August 27, 2009

UPDATE

You might be disappointed in me but I must stop 'dieting'. The more I diet- the more weight I gain. It seemed to me the less I worried about my weight the more weight I lose. I am quiting.

There is more exciting news. I am going in for surgery at the end of September to have my port re-done. Apparently my port has done a little dance in my tummy, and I need to get some work done.

Good news: The pain I feel around my port when I move will be gone.

The could be uncomfortable news:

I have to go back in to get a full blown surgery. No half-assing it for me. I will become a proud owner of 3 inch scar on my tummy, because my doctor can not reposition my port without cutting. Oh and the port is being sewed on to the muscle. Best news of the after-surgery pain may be the same as it was after the lapband. Ouchie!

I am going back to eating whatever the hell I want. No more calorie counting.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry you have had port issues. :( It sounds as if you have a plan to get it all ironed out. Yay!

I think you have come to a good decision. "Dieting" is what led most of us to have lap band surgery to begin with. I'm sure if you focus on making good eating choices and continue to get exercise, you will be fine.

Stay positive!

Kathy said...

I wish you the best on your port surgery. I agree with the dieting mentality. I have eaten what I wanted since I had my surgery and I've never felt deprived and consistantly lose weight. (that is until they took away my saline) This too shall pass and I will start losing again soon.

JennBand08 said...

I hope the revision surgery goes well and isn't painful! And I agree on the dieting. The times I've stopped worrying about every bite I put in my mouth, I usually ended up losing. We get this tool forever.. no sense living life in a constant state of deprivation.