Monday, April 5, 2010

Fighting Over Chocolate

This weekend was rough around the edges for me, but I survived. It was touch and go at times. There was talk about bringing in a priest for last rights, and I'm not even Catholic. David suggested carting me down to the hospital. ‘Nope, no way, no how!’

It was a bummer to be sick on a long weekend, especially when I don’t get to see David that often. I can’t wait until tax season is over.

When I did take a moment away from dying this weekend I ended up in a heated discussion with David. I became privy to some vital information: the Easter Bunny was not to have gone s’hopping for Easter gifts for David. I wish someone had contacted the Easter Bunny beforehand. During our ‘discussion’ it was mentioned that the Easter Bunny that David employed did not go s’hopping this year for me. (Fire that bunny!) I thought it was funny that he was stressed about some silly little chocolate; after all he is working a million hours a week, and I really wasn’t expecting him to find the time to s’hop. In the end I had to promise that I wouldn’t give him any gifts. I promised.

The next morning I woke up and David was MIA. I thought he may have gone for a nice 10k run. (I know it’s gross. Who does that?) He came back an hour later with an Easter basket, and a Starbucks for me. I was happy, but I was confused as to why he had done such a thing. But it became clear as soon as I saw that the Easter Bunny had left David an Easter basket full of gifts. ‘Shut up, how did that happen?’ I tried to explain that I was as surprised as he was, but he didn’t believe me.

He told me that he came down to the kitchen to make tea, and he spotted his pile of presents, and thought- Amy is a liar! He then grabbed his coat, and headed out the door.

I don’t think that I lied at all. He told me not to give him anything. The Easter Bunny did it, therefore I’m innocent on all charges. Plus even if I am guilty he deserves all the treasures in the world. I love that guy.

No comments: