Wednesday, April 7, 2010

There Are So Many Ways To Blog:

I’ve been reading a lot of blogs lately. Reading blogs has kept me off of Ebay, which has been wonderful for my Amex card. I’m noticing some blogs are like diaries of what’s happening during people’s day, including their thoughts and feelings. I decided to make a mock blog for a house wife…with two kids, a husband, and no dog.

Here is an example of her blog:

I was driving the kids to school this morning, and Jenny decided that she was going to get sick all over the backseat of the car, and her brother Jake. I had to haul them both back home. Jake is an unruly child! Why must everything be a battle with him? He threw a temper tantrum because his Spider Man underwear was in the laundry. I could barely keep him from rolling around on the ground, kicking, and screaming; the boy is seven! I finally appeased him with the promise of ice cream. While I was fighting with Jake; Jenny threw up all over my bed; why didn’t she use the bowl I provided her? I didn’t have time to re-make my bed, so I put Jenny on the couch. I was just praying that there would be no more accidents. I had to find someone to take Jake to school. Mrs. Michaels from across the street, bless her 80 year old heart agreed to drive Jake back to school. He left the house with an ice cream stain on the front of his t-shirt. I am not likely to win mother-of-the-year.

I was frustrated because this always seems to happen on a day where I have something planned just for me. My best friend Fanny and I were going to go out to lunch, and then treat ourselves to mani-pedi. It’s been two months since I’ve spoiled myself. Jim controls the money. I feel like I’m slipping away from reality. I called Fanny to tell her that I had to cancel our lunch date. She was furious. This is the third time I’ve had to cancel on her. Fanny has no children, and is single. She doesn’t understand what its like to have sick a child, and a controlling husband like Jim who works an obscene amount of hours!!!

Speaking of Jim, I haven’t seen him lately; he tells me that he’s working, but I know he’s lying. I have no concrete proof, just a gut feeling. He assigned himself to work with Sheri, who happens to be knock-out gorgeous. I had no ideas that it was so imperative to work until two in the morning! I don’t think I could handle a forth affair; especially when I think I’m pregnant again. Jenny isn’t the only one getting sick. I’m too scared to take a pregnancy test. I talked to my friend Rachael, and she says that I should take a test, and then confront him about the affair. My mother says I should leave the bastard. I don’t even know if I love him anymore???

I have my secrets too. Last week I ran into an old boyfriend from high school. We had coffee, BUT nothing else. He’s divorced. I can’t get him off of my mind. He gave me his phone number. Should I call?

It’s hard being married to Jim, with two children, and the possibly of another one on the way. I depend on him for everything. Jim works, controls the money, and what if I am pregnant? I adore being able to stay at home with my children. I know that I'm lucky. Jim reminds me of it every chance he gets.

I would like to have some control of my life. I was supposed to go to the gym this morning! I haven’t gone in three weeks. Why haven’t I been going to the gym lately? I’ve gained six pounds. I’m falling apart…



Ahem…
Back to Amy…

I was thinking to myself how come I don’t write about my actual minute by minute stuff. I think because it would look something like this:

‘I rolled out of bed today with one thing on my list of things to do: go shopping with my friend. My friend was late picking me up, which made me upset because I needed my Starbucks fix. When we actually made it to the mall I was in a better mood thanks to the mocha I had in my hand. I spent way too much money on this cute blue coat, but I loved it too much to pass it up. David was making garlic chicken dinner when I got home. I love it when he makes dinner for me. After dinner David and I played Scrabble; David won. I’m convinced he cheated somehow, but I can’t proof it. After a cup of Earl Grey tea we went to bed.’

Boring!


I break my day into subjects, and that is what I blog about.

On this particular day I could have chosen to blog about the following:

A. How my friend drives me crazy because she is late most times.
B. How addicted I am to Starbucks, and if I don't get my fix I’m a grump monster.
C. The cute blue jacket I just had to buy.
D. How much I love David for cooking a meal for me.
E. David cheating at Scrabble
.

If I had the other lady’s day I don’t think I would blog. I think I would find the cash, do some crazy stuff to Jim’s favorite organ, give the kid some anti-nausea pills, find a baby-sitter, and get my nails done, but
that’s just me.

No comments: