Friday, April 16, 2010

Only 8 Days To Go Until My Tummy Tuck!!!!!!!

I’m rested up today, and reality has set in. I’m getting a full tummy tuck, muscle repair, and lipo done in eight short days!

There is so much to do. I have to shop. Normally I love shopping but shopping for medical supplies turns out to be on the bottom of my list of favorite things to shop for.

Yesterday, in the spirit of preparing for the big even I decided to venture into a medical supply shop. It was like walking into a car dealership, but instead of cars for sale it was wheelchairs and other motorized riding scooters that were up for sale. Row after row of wheelchairs and scooters, I didn’t know if I was supposed to take one to test drive while I shopped or what. I almost did; come on, some had baskets attached to them.

The thing that scared me the most is: this massive store was crowded. The malls may be empty, but wheelchair-scooter stores are packed. I guess it’s true the baby boomers still have all the money. My generations, and all the generations after mine are so screwed.

My shopping list included: latex gloves, hot & cold packs, two types of non-shower cleansers, two bed protection pads, and finally my favorite-a potty seat riser. Oh and there is still much more to buy, but I can buy the rest some where else. I need to support the malls. I wanted to buy a scooter, but none of them came in blue.

Today I called a house cleaning company to come in and do a full clean of my joint. I figure if I do it myself I run the risk of going manic or getting ill from exhaustion. We can’t have that can we? There is still so much to do around the house that the cleaners can’t do. I will have to get those things done myself. UGH. I am going to re-organize the office, the Cookie Monster room, (Yep, I have a room just for Cookie Monster.) clean out the refrigerator, kitchen pantry, cupboards, and finally I have to de-clutter every room in my home. Basically I have to make my home look like a show home. Currently my home is not messy; you could come over for dinner right now, and I would be proud to have you. But it has to be more than perfect after my surgery, because if it’s not I will fall into a deep depression. It’s just part of my illness. Don’t worry I have a list and I’m taking it slow.

There is so much to get done…

3 comments:

lori said...

wow this is exciting! only 8 days and you will be a new woman. and right in time for summer. good luck

Samantha said...

may i ask how the money situation goes for this. My girlfriend has lost over 100lbs and would love to get something like this done but she doesn't have the means or the time to research it.

Amy said...

to get a full tummy tuck, muscle repair, and my flanks lipo'd it is going to cost $10,422 canadian. I probably could have done it cheaper, but I'm getting it done in Vancouver where the rates are higher. Plus you never cheap out when it comes to this sort of thing. Tell your friend I said, "Congratulations!" another thing she could do is visit this site: http://tummytucktalk.ning.com. It answers every question she has about getting surgery. It's a private site (no trolling) so mention Amy C when signing up. Good luck.