Thursday, October 29, 2009

Weighty Issues

I have bloggers block. I didn’t think it was possible, because I always have something to say. I’m one of ‘those’ chatty people you meet when your out-and-about minding your own business. By the time we part either you are running away, or we are exchanging phone numbers.

If I had to guess why I am blocked I would guess it would have something to do with weight loss. At the moment I’m obsessed with it. I am on Spark People everyday. I even set those guys as my home page! (So far I have lost 6 pounds.) Yeah but there is a hitch…I can’t seem to focus on two things at one time.

I never wanted this blog to focus on weight loss; if anything it would be a small component.


You see I think about losing weight way too much as it is, and I needed a safe place to let my mind wander without having the need to calculate calories in, and calories out. What fun is that?
If I write about my weight issues I would rather write about them in a different light using humour, and every day events to showcase my accomplishments, and struggles.

I don’t want to tell you that when I get in the shower I use the seamed up glass, and my finger to manually calculate how long it is going to take me to lose the extra pounds based on how many calories I eat verses how many calories I burn. I am pretty sure you would think I am crazy! (I should be using a white board, and a colourful dry erase marker; am I right?)

I am going to end here. Over the next few days I will be doing some interesting things that will force me to snap out of my weight-focusing-obsession. (I hope.)

3 comments:

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Ive been wondering how your WL efforts were going. 6lbs thats awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Please keep posting about your weightloss - as a fellow bander (10/07) I am struggling too and cone here for support. I lost 50 (out of my goal of 75) then just recently put back on 15! So I'm down 35 in two years -pitiful. I just had a new fill and I'm hopefully going back down now....Tina