Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sorting Laundry During the Night

It’s 4 in the morning, and I am wide away. It was by accident. I am hot, because my fan was going the wrong way which made it blow hot air. My room is now a sauna.

Now I am hot, awake, and watching infomercials: Dr. Ho’s Massage System, Tommy Horton’s 10 minute workout, and I just found an infomercial for The Bullet Express.

I want The Bullet Express! I’m drawn in, and now I must have one. And look it comes with juicer which is a $150 dollar value! 6 easy payments of 19.99, nice! My tone might say that I’m kidding, but in reality I’m not. I really want one. Right now as I type I am thinking about going to the website, and impulsively ordering one. How many weeks until Christmas??? David loves cook. (
Nice going Amy, David reads your blog; now he won’t be surprised about his Christmas gift.) It wouldn’t have mattered anyway he would saw the charge when he paid the credit card bill.

…6 hours later…yawn…

I just made a great protein drink. Here is the recipe:

1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
¼ cup of plain non-fat, sugar free yogurt
1 cup of milk
1 banana
Ice

Put the powder, milk, and yogurt, in the blender, and blend until very frothy. Then add the banana, and ice and blend again.

I use small ice cubes, but if you want to use regular size ice cubes add a few in at a time. Don’t add all of them in one shot. You want to keep the frothiness.

The drink comes out all cold and frothy, and the best part is that it does not taste like a protein drink. (‘cause I hate protein drinks.) Depending on how much ice you put in you should have 36oz. It is very filling, because it is frothy. I find most protein drinks only fill me up for about an hour or so, but this one does the trick for about 4 hours. Total calories: 244.

You really should try it if you like to drink protein drinks.

I am recovering nicely with one small infection- I mean exception. Yeah my stitches got infected, which means it hurts. I am not allowed to bend over, because it pulls on the stitches.

Simon is a strange dog. He digs through our laundry, and finds my socks, and then he PAIRS them together, finally he places them all over the house. I have all different color socks, so it isn’t just a coincidence. He doesn’t chew on them. I know weird. Nobody believes me until they see it for themselves, many have, and many minds have been changed.

Last night my beloved dog was busy. He decided to ‘
sort’ my socks. My socks are all over my living room. It is driving me crazy. I want to bend down, and pick them up. I can’t. I have spent all morning begging him to move my socks back to the laundry room. Instead he is sleeping peacefully. He has a smile on his face most likely because he is proud of his last night’s sock sorting adventures.

I haven’t written much in my blog, because there is nothing going on in my life. I am still stuck in my chair.
(I noticed that no one has answered my S.O.S.) When you’re not doing too much there really isn’t too much to write about. We’ll see maybe my butt will become one with the chair; that would be a good blog entry.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I like to freeze my bananas for my protein shakes and then I don't have to use ice and they get really thick. I just caught up on your posts for the last week. I haven't been on here much. I hopeyou are feeling better now and able to do much more. Your dog sounds like a hoot!!