Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Things Swarming Around My Head

I am so annoyed that I am ready to pack my bags, and move out of my house! Do you want to know why? It’s because we have these little flies that have taken up residency at my house without paying rent.

I hate, hate, hate, bugs. They can live outside, and I’ll live inside, and everyone will be at peace. If bugs were meant to live indoors…well they’re just not.

For the last week I have noticed these little buggers flying around my house. They’re not flies, they are not mosquitoes, they’re kind of in-between; they’re a hybrid! I have been swatting at them all the time with no positive results. I even tried Ousting them, but all that happened was that I had really good smelling bugs.

I know I am not the smartest person in the house it is obvious the bugs have one up on me. It didn’t occur to me that the flies were only flying around in the living room. (Our living room is next to our kitchen.) Instead of trying to figure out what was causing the flies; I just kept wishing them gone.

But yesterday the light bulb went on. Follow me on this one:


Two weeks ago I started to drink protein shakes with a banana in them. I had the bananas on the counter, directly over the counter there is a ledge which housed a dying plant. Surprise the bugs were swarming around the dying plant! The bananas were long gone, but the plant was still there. What II didn’t know was that bugs thought dying plants were valuable property.

Out went the plant- and the flies are moving out as well. From now on my bananas will be immediately put in the freezer upon arrival. If I have to I will invest in fake plants, because obviously I can’t be trusted with real ones.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I was chuckling while I read this because I had those same little fruit flys (or is it flies?)a few weeks ago. I keep all my leftover produce to add to my compose pile outside and I was keeping it in a bowl without a lid. Duh!! Bad mistake. After I started keeping it in a plastic bag that I closed they went away. It was annoying to sit with my laptop on my lap and have those little buggers fly across my screen. I hate bugs too. Glad you solved your problem.

Diz said...

I too had the run in with those darned flies! What a pain!