Sunday, October 11, 2009

Go Ahead and Eat a Turkey Today

It’s Gobble-Gobble Day at my family’s house. I don’t refer to it as Thanksgiving, because it’s only the second Monday in October. I think that is too-too early to be putting on a Thanksgiving dinner. Plus I am an American, and to me Thanksgiving should be in November, the Macy’s day parade should on TV, and Santa should be setting up shop in malls across the country.

If I don’t take drastic measures next Tuesday my brain will flip into Christmas mode, and the sad part is that it isn’t even Halloween! I will be drawn to the malls craving Christmas music. My need to use my American Express to by a butt-load of presents for family, friends, and the mailman will be overwhelming. My need for sleep will be replaced by my need to create Christmas cookies with my Kitchen Aid mixer. My neighbours would put their house up for sale, because I will need to spread my Christmas cheer going door-to-door carolling all the way.

I refuse to let that happen! Via the revolution: October 12, 2009 will be known as ‘Gobble-Gobble Day’. Feel free to eat turkey on Monday; after all it’s Gobble-Gobble Day! You and I will get the benefit of the turkey without the after- shock of the Christmas season.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Happy Turkey day to you and your family.