Monday, March 29, 2010

Communication Breakdown

Writing this entry may take longer than usual because of the simple fact that I must mult-task. I’m sitting by the phone trying to make it ring. I want a call from my surgeon’s office telling me that there has been a cancellation, and my number is up. So far the phone has not rung, damn! I’ve gotten so pathetic that I’m call forwarding all of my home calls to my cell phone. I don’t want to miss the call.

My day is filled with miserable hope. My telephone rings often throughout the day, but most times I find a telemarketer at the other end of the line; excitingly announcing that I have been selected for a free cruise to the Bahamas. I tell him that he has called five months too early. I have to wait for my bikini body before I can cruise anywhere.

Its taking everything I have not to call the surgeon’s office, and tell the receptionist that I’m willing to prepay now. ‘Here just take whatever you want out of my bank account, and I’ll meet the doctor on the operating table.’ I know he’s good. He has all of the qualifications, certifications, and references I need. He can draw on my tummy with his sharpie just before my operation. It’s all good.

Apparently it doesn’t work that way. I have to meet him, he informs me of how much I get to pay before he does the surgery, and he gets to draw on my tummy at the consultation. It will be the same outcome, but alright. I guess he is unaware that I have the ‘retirement-recliner’, and I have been ready and waiting for months.

I am perplexed by my inability to wait. When I had my lapband surgery I moved my lapband forward a month. I could’ve done it at the end of August, but I decided to do the surgery at the beginning of October. I wanted that surgery just as badly. If you think about it I was going to receive a tool that would help me with my struggle with weight. This surgery isn’t as important. Getting a tummy tuck will be more painful, and the end result will be the elimination of muffin top. The lapband eliminated 83 pounds, and saved my life.

Why am I losing my cool? Waiting by the phone sucks. I think it’s time for me to relax. I’m not going to lie. I’m still going to call forward my calls to my cell. What if I win another free trip? It would be a tragedy to miss such a golden opportunity.


No comments: