Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pulling An All Nighter...

It’s two in the morning and I can’t sleep. I have taken something to help me sleep but it hasn’t started to work yet. I found a few things hilariously disturbing today:

More people are addicted to prescription pills than most other substances combined. Holy Cow! I take over 18 pills a day to control my bipolar. That’s not including the pills that I have to take to help relieve the nausea, head aches, and insomnia that are caused by the bipolar meds. I hope my brain is reaping as much reward as it can from the medication intervention. You think by taking 6,570, which doesn’t take in to account the extra medication I have to take to treat the side-effects of the bipolar medication that my liver must be toast.

I have begged the doctors to lessen my medication intake, and they do, but then I get sick, and then I have to increase the doses again. It just doesn’t seem all together fair.

I have an idea- to all of those people who really want to take crappy medication-you can have mine on the condition I will magically feel better! ...I knew that sounded too good to be true! I am begging you all to stay clean, and I will do my part and take all the prescription drugs for you. Leave it with me.

Another thing that made my jaw fall to the ground today was when I heard that a New Jersey woman who is 600 pounds and is eating her way to 1,000 pounds.

Really? Can we do that? No! Really? Shut up, she has two kids! Is she a complete moron? This is a new one for me; if you can’t lose it- add to it!

I am really frustrated. Is this what we find entertaining? Who wants this weight record to be their claim to fame? She is a mother of two children. Why couldn’t her legacy be even a greater goal? She could start by raising a wonderful family that will carry on for generations to come. (Instead she'll be dead.) To me building a beautiful family is more important than breaking any record book. Hey, Ms. Simpson, please reconsider.

I am getting tired and I have no idea if I am making any sense…I think I am going to try and sleep…see you in the morning. I wonder if I’ve even made sense in this entry??? It's dangerous to be under the influence of sleeping pills and blog at the same time.

No comments: