Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Night Time Rituals

I have a quirk. My quirk is I get my home nice for night time burglars, or anyone else who might stop by. I know that sounds strange, but let me explain. Before I go to bed my home has to be pristine, everything has to be put away, no dishes on the counter, the kitchen counters have to sparkle, and so on. I often wonder why I do all of this work before bed. Who am I doing it for? …burglars, family or friends who show up at 2:00 am and need a place to crash, or is it for the strangers who have been running away from a ‘bad guy’ all night in the pouring rain, and now have to use my phone to call for help? God forbid I have newspapers lying around! What would those drenched strangers think? ‘Yeah, we're sorry but your house is a little messy we’ll use the neighbour’s phone. We sure hope the next place will be tidier’

How sad is that? I am tidying up my home for imaginary people!

Thank goodness no baddies were chasing a poor innocent couple last night, because my home was anything but tidy.

The kitchen dishes are piled up a mile tall, the floor needs to be swept, and cleaned, and the counters need scrubbing. The living room is messy. Papers are every where, and all of our throw blankets have been thrown around; not carefully folded on the sofa and chairs. The laundry hasn’t been done in the last few days, which would cause a major problem; I would'nt have bath towels to offer my late night guests.

I have a strong feeling that I am still in shock from Sunday. (If you have no idea what I am talking about; stop right here, and read the entry below. It’ll explain everything.)

Today is a big day. Today is the day I am getting my retirement-recliner-chair, and my new car. I am thankful that the recliner is coming today because I need a chair where I can watch crappy TV, and sleep at the same time.

I am just putting this out there: If you were planning to stop by for a late night visit; can you come tomorrow? I don’t know if I’ll have it in me to prepare the house for your arrival. Thursday night feel free to stop by. That being said I would strongly prefer it if you weren’t a
burglar, or a bad guy.

1 comment:

lori said...

for such a frightening accident things went pretty well for you. except of course something had to suffer so your house is bummed for a few days.