Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Lastest & Greatest Ring.

Last Sunday Holly wanted to make cupcakes, but since she is lactose intolerant the days of relying on Betty Crocker’s cake mixes are over. She has to make her cake by scratch. By the end of the ordeal there was flour everywhere, from the cupboard door knobs, the cupboards themselves, and to top it off there were flour mountains on the floor. She even had flour on her cheeks, and her bum.

When she was cleaning up she informed me that her lactose milk tasted, and smelled weird. Even though the milk said it was good until April 4th it had expired, which meant my kitchen gave its life for nothing.

David felt bad for Holly. Being the dad he is he went and bought her cupcakes. The best part of these cupcakes was that they were the Easter kind with plastic chicken, and sheep rings on top!

Holly claimed the one and only chicken ring, but the good news is I was able to snag a sheep ring. Guess what? I’m wearing it right now. (It’s uber huge too.) I have been wearing it for the last three days. Holly had her chick ring jacked at school.

I have went out for coffee, conducted business, shopped, went to my physician, and hung out with my friends while wearing my Super-Sheep-Ring. I didn’t do it so they would mention it. I didn’t expect them to. In hindsight wearing my Super-Sheep-Ring to the doctors may have been over the top, but what’s done is done.

You might be thinking that I have lost my mind. True. Can’t argue with you there. If I had to guess most of you are probably reading this and thinking, ‘Doesn’t she know she’s 35 years old?’ I am totally aware of my age-thank you very much.

I have a theory as to why I do what I do.

I haven’t grown up all the way; part of my brain is still 16. I’m a very lucky 16 year old in that I have money, a nice home, a cool ride, no curfew, and I am able to go to Vegas whenever the mood strikes me.

*Just to clarify I did say part of my brain is 16. Not the whole thing. There is a part of my brain that acts 47. This is the part that makes sure that the bills are paid, Holly is well taken care of, maintains my home, enjoys adult relationships, and has the ability to makes adult decisions on important matters.

But why am I still 16? Simple, no one has required me to grow up. At 16 I was living on my own, working, and taking care of myself, so I already had that going for me. But I met David at 16, and ever since I met him nothing has been required of me on the ‘growing up front’. He has always liked me the way I am. To be honest I think both of us are stuck in our respective ages of when we met. When we are together on my good days all we do is play, and have fun.

There are two secrets we have for our relationship success: We don’t fight to be right, and we tell the other person EXACTLY what we want from the other person BEFORE the other person sets off to make us happy. We never play the game of: ‘If you really loved me then you would’ve known what to do.’ That game sucks!

Since David and I met when we were so young we brought no baggage in to this relationship as a result we get to live in a bubble. But that brings me back to my point. We never forced one another to grow up in spirit. As a result I pretty much do whatever I want when the mood strikes me. David finds me, and my antics endearing. My friends just know to expect the unexpected when it comes to me.

Totally off topic- but you know what gives me the warm and fuzzies? When my friends tell me that they wish that they could take some of David’s ‘Husband DNA’ and give it to their significant other. I wish they could too; then I would be rich! Wait…then everybody would be married to accountants…I have to rethink that idea.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

That is so endearing to hear how you hang out and play games and act 16 still. You are one lucky lady.

Amy said...

I am very lucky. Last night David and I played the 'snap the kitchen towel' game with one another. 'Cept I don't know how to 'snap' so I lost. He would take my towel away from me to stop the game, because he thought it to be unfair, but since we have over 50 kitchen towels I kept the game going for over 30 minutes. I busted my gut from laughing so hard.

Holl said...

i found your blog through your signature on lapbandtalk. you're right... it IS really good! i'll be following you now! i've been on my own and doing all those things you mentioned since i was sixteen,too. but somehow i think i've "aged" along the way. sniff sniff. sigh!

Holl said...

how do i follow you? you don't have a "follow me" button!!! help! lol

Amy said...

Hi Holl,

In the right hand column there is a box that says 'subscribe to my blog.' or something like that. Hit the 'posts' drop down, and then choose where you want the noticifation to go that informs you that I have posted in my blog. I hope I explained that right. Let me know if that worked.