Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep...

I guess I am in the mood to blog. Lately I have been chasing sleep the way I think drug addicts must have to chase their next high. ‘I’m tired man, can I have a sleeping pill, just one, man.’ The truth of the matter is: I am well stocked in sleeping pills. I’ve got three different kinds; I am totally covered.

I’m suppose to keep a sleep log which logs each time I get up to go pee, have tea, or whatever I happen to want to do at 2:56 in the morning. I also have to record the amount of time I spend outside of my covers. My doc wants to measure my sleep patterns to make sure I’m not getting ‘more’ bipolar; whatever that means.

Okay here’s the problem: I was blessed with a small bladder, so I go to the bathroom a few times a night. (I got clarification on this just in case…) I’m supposed to record these small bathroom blips. My doctor wants to know exactly how many times I get up, what time, how long, and for what reason. As you can imagine when I got up to go pee I was faced with the task of remembering the actual time I awoke, and how long I was out of bed. Just calculating all of this would wake me up. I finally said, ‘Screw it’, and started to invent fake potty break times. I sleep better now.

Currently I am pulling all night think tanks in my head. I’m pondering such things as: How do I improve the cupboard space in my kitchen, I wonder if I could dye, and cut my own hair tonight, I wonder if I could dye, and cut the cat’s hair tonight, or would it be a good idea to remodel the house before David wakes up to go to work in the morning. These are not good thoughts to have at 1 am.

It’s been about a week since I have had a quality night’s sleep. My eyelids feel heavy, but still my mind races on! My mind is too strong, plus I really can order furniture off of the internet, and I have a feeling if I lose anymore sleep the furniture trucks will be rolling in tomorrow morning. American Express and online ordering is a bad combination for a manic bipolar that hasn’t slept for a week; let’s just say everything becomes a ‘good idea’.

To save my family from bankruptcy I am going to give in and take a sleeping pill tonight, and hopefully I haven’t went too far into the ‘Everybody Dance’ part of my brain, so I will be able to recover, and feel better by tomorrow. If I’m up at 4:00 in the morning tomorrow I’m totally going to blog about it. If my blog is quiet then that means that I’m tucked nice and snug up in my bed not ordering crap off of Ebay.

No comments: